Wednesday 13 April 2011

 My early birthday present arrived 
on Saturday ,two tonnes of bark for the garden .
This coincided with the two warmest days so far this year. I managed to weed the long flower border and mulch it .Also the small flower bed at the side of the path leading to the front garden. 
This used one Tonne .The second tonne will be used on the strawberry bed and the flower beds in the front garden.
I was really pleased to note there are not too many losses in the garden after the hard winter we had.
 I have managed to raise some Giant Echiums  plants this year. Two are planted in this small bed I'm really hoping they will turn out to be something special.
The Sweet Peas are planted in the greenhouse just inside the door.I grew them here last year and the perfume filled the whole 
                                                        greenhouse,with the added bonus of having beautiful Sweet Peas for the house earlier than I would have had from the garden.
The powder in front of the Sweet Peas is fish meal which will water in and feed them throughout the summer.
 The potato plot is now finished and both early and late potatoes are already planted.there are two rows of earlies which are Rocket and the remainder of the bed is planted with blight resistant Sarpo Mira

No comments:

Post a Comment