Saturday 12 March 2011

Up date on garden

The bulbs are coming into bloom thick and fast .The potted ones will be planted into the garden as soon as the flowers are over.


When  the seed potatoes arrived my grand daughter Dora and I put them to chit and when we had finished there were quite a few shoots had fallen off. We put them into a seed tray with some compost to see if they would grow. We are going to plant them in tubs and see how they grow and if they will produce any potatoes.


The Purple Sprouting Broccoli is starting to produce its flower spikes and we will have our first taste of them for dinner tomorrow. The plants are smaller than usual but I suppose that is due to the severe cold weather we have had this winter.Never the less they are producing plenty of flower spikes.


I have sown Climbing French Beans and Runner Beans in pots.These will be planted in the large greenhouse in the hope of having an earlier crop.Maybe early July. I had a lot of trouble last year with voles eating the roots of plants in the greenhouse so I will have to find a way of protecting them.

No comments:

Post a Comment