Friday 18 February 2011

18th February 2011

All of a sudden everything starts happening at once .The first of the seeds that were sown only last week are up and get moved to a cooler bench to slow them down a bit.
My first plant order arrived ,4 Angel Pelargoniums they are lovely reasonable size plants so I will be able to take cuttings off them in a few weeks ready for bedding out in tubs latter.
The seed potatoes arrived two weeks ago and shame on me I had not undone the box so they were already sprouting when I put them into the trays. They aren’t too bad and should be o.k.
More Hellebores are opening ,this is the first one I bought about 10 years ago and is now a huge plant
When visiting the supermarket for my weekly shop I could not resist these pretty polyanthus. Just the thing to lift your spirits on a dull drizzly day in the greenhouse. I called at the garden centre to buy plants for the hanging baskets, Fuchsias, Million Bells and Surfinias . I buy these as soon as they are available so I can propagate them myself this way I just need to buy one of each colour.
The bulbs are coming on at a fare rate of knots now and its going to be a race between the Hyacinths  and Tulips to see which will give me the first flowers.
I noticed the hens today are looking very red in the face and their combs are red a sure sign laying is soon to follow .We are getting one egg every other day but as the days lengthen this will go up to about 6 a day







 

No comments:

Post a Comment