Thursday 10 February 2011

Snowdrops,first of the Hellebores and Polyanthus


The Snowdrops are looking so clean and pristine you would not believe that they had been battered by 6 days of constant gale force winds .It leaves you wondering how can something that looks so delicate can in fact be so robust.

The Hellebores are nearer the house in quite a sheltered border . 
The first of my self pollinated and and self sown seedlings are flowering for the first time. I am really pleased with this two toned one showing almost stripes of pink and white.
The pale lemon one I bought last year also the white with red markings.

This poor little polyanthus was covered by 6inches of snow  six weeks ago and as I pushed the snow off it I really thought it was dead , but no its still fighting .

Snowdrops
Self Sown Seedling Cross between
 White and Deep Maroon


White Hellebore
with Red Spots
Pale Lemon
Hellebore




Polyanthus

No comments:

Post a Comment