Wednesday 23 February 2011

First Tulips

These are the first of this years flowers. I bought these tulips as rooted bulbs way back in January.
I brought them into the kitchen on Sunday . The combination of the central heating and the extra heat from the oven from cooking they have grown leaps and bounds the stems are at least 8 inches longer and the tulip flowers are like tea cups.
I love the smell of tulips, you have to put your nose into the flower but the scent is delicious. For me its the scent of spring.
When I bought the pots they were colour coded the labels and pots were supposed to show the colour of the flower. The red pot are red, the purple ones are red, goodness knows what colour the yellow pots will be . I won't mind though I'll enjoy them whatever their colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment